Thursday, September 29, 2011

A depressing cinderblock of cinder and depression.

KaiPregnant

I don't understand this.

CollectionsAgain

Anyway, guess who didn't pay their bills again?

HoHum

"Well, since I already know I'm not getting anything out of you people I may as well work on my calisthetics."

Good idea, repoman. Repowoman. Repoperson. In fact, since nobody is going to pay you any attention you may as well just get back in your truck and--

YouAgain

"Agh, it's you again!"

FleeCollections

"RUN AWAY!"

FleeCollections2

"Um, you are aware that there's nothing I can take from--"

FleeCollections3

"RUN AWAY!"

Sob

"I don't understand this 'fiscal responsibility' stuff. Where I come from we don't even have bills..."

Nice

While Stanley was out dodging the repoperson, I replaced the quaint homeless shelter he's come to frequent...

New

...With a depressing cinderblock. Aside from aesthetic appeal it has everything that the old shelter does not, such as...

PottedPlant

A potted plant in the lobby!

Television

A television!

Office

A secretary's office! (Secretary not included.)

Cafeteria

A full-service cafeteria! (Grumpy cafeteria worker and full service not included.)

EntertainmentArea

TWO computers from the 1990s and a rummage-sale chessboard! (WOW!)

Beds

Plenty of beds and enough motivational posters to choke a man with! (Are you feeling inspired yet?!)

Bathroom

A fully functioning bathroom, complete with badly-placed windows! (You may not want to use that urinal...)

As you can see, this shelter is clearly superior to the last. Let's see what Stan makes of it...

HeLikedTheOtherOne

"Where's the other one?! I liked the other one!"

Oh. Well, that's too bad for you. Get used to this one.

SitDown

Stanley settles in reluctantly.

HeyAWoman

Five minutes later, however, a random woman sits down next to him and all his reluctance flies out the window.

"Heeey, what's a nice girl like you doin' in a blocky place like this?"

StanleyTalksToReadingWoman

"So have you got a job? I've thought about it, but the whole 'gainful employment' thing just isn't for me."

StanleyTalksToReadingWoman2

"I mean, I did security work for a while and there was waaay too much excitement, and it was dangerous. And nobody even gave me any recognition for my troubles."

StanleyTalksToReadingWoman3

"Plus I hate to apply myself, you know? I'd really rather troll people on the internet all day."

KaiHungry

"Ugh, I'm so hungry..."

KaiHungry2

"Sure, people have donated baskets and baskets of food, but I want that hotdog! And it's over there by the wall where I can't route to it! ARGH!"

Kai, DON'T BE AN IDIOT.

KaiHungry3

Thank you.

SleepingInBeds

Isn't it amazing to sleep in beds for once?

And, because I couldn't find a way to work them into the narrative, have some screenshots of Stanley making stupid Stanley faces.

StanleyGoldfish

Leer

Leer2

Smirk

StanleyTravis

"Hello. I volunteer here at the shelter. It's nice to meet you."

StanleyTravis2

"So you're the one responsible for all the cheap Dells upstairs? HOW CAN YOU EXPECT ME TO DIRTY MY FINGERS WITH A $200 COMPUTER I HATE YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO WORKS HERE ARGLEBARGLEARGHRAWRSNARL."

StanleyTravis3

"Wtf?!"

Stanley gets that look a lot, for some reason. Can't imagine why.

The simming experience has been growing stale for me, even with all the effort I've put into maintaining a non-traditional playstyle, so I have prepared something new to keep myself entertained until Pets is released. It is based off of a game that I used to play as a wee child with a copy of the Sims 1 and too much time on my hands, only I am now an ostensible adult with a copy of the Sims 3 and way too much time on my hands.

Family

Prepare yourself, reader, and don't wonder where Meadow Glen has gotten off to. It is safely ensconced in a backup folder somewhere in the deepest recesses of my hard drive, awaiting the day that I am no longer bored with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment