Wednesday, July 27, 2011

So close and yet so far out of reach.

Creeper

He's creeping! Behind a bush. With a smug grin and a little thought bubble of a disguise over his head. Are you a younger Herbert?!

666Again

No, I think you're just Satan.

Anyway.

Library

Extenuating circumstances have forced our heroes to get creative with their sleeping arrangements. Did you know that in Simland the library is open 24 hours a day, and that patrons don't mind vagrants napping alongside them in the reading room?

Backyard

Not everyone wants to visit the library, though. Some of the less cultured vagrants prefer to invade somebody's postage stamp of a backyard.

Backyard2

Until they wake up for absolutely no reason.

Backyard3

"Huh...weird. I just had this feeling like I should get up, but I can't imagine why. Oh well, it must not be important."

Backyard4

"Hello. I couldn't help but notice that you're out here sleeping in my yard."

Yeah, it's just the homeowner, nothing important at all.

Backyard5

"It's nice to meet you. Want to come inside?"

House

He's inviting me into his house?!

House2

HE IS. I am standing in a house. I AM STANDING IN A HOUSE. Ohmigosh, there are walls and furniture and electricity THIS IS THE BEST NIGHT EVER.

House3

Must not mess this up! Must not mess this up! Must make nice with random friendly homeowner so I can get at his stuff!

House4

"So, um, do you like gossip? You do, right? I mean, everyone likes gossip! Let me tell you, I can say so many mean things behind people's backs..."

House5

"I've always considered myself more of a Circle than a Triangle, but I've voted Triangle before. I don't know, what are your political views? I will agree with them to win myself shower privileges--I mean, your friendship."
"Don't mind me, I'll just show myself in."

House6

"A refrigerator! Jackpot!"

House7

"You sure have a nice house. I like it! I like it so much that I'll stick my hand through the wall while you aren't paying attention!"

House8

"It's not steak, but I'll take it! Nomnomnom."

House9

"What's your friend doing in my kitchen?"

House10

"Distracting you so that I can eat too. Even your cold soup is awesome!"

House11

"Your bed's not half-bad, either."

House12

"Neither is your guest room. I guess I'll just be taking this..."

House13

"Aw, yeah, this is heaven."

House14

"I hate you people. I'm sorry I ever invited you in. Get out."

House15

"That didn't last long."
"So what now?"

House16

"The lights are still on next door. Let's head over there!"

NextHouse

"Two strangers on my doorstep at one in the morning! Why, hello!"

NextHouse2

"Hi. Can we come in?"
"I don't know you, but I don't see why not!"

NextHouse3

This was even easier than the last house! Sweet! Maybe she'll be too nice to kick us out.

NextHouse4

They wasted no time heading straight for the bedrooms.

Ha, this time I get the master bed! IT'S SO COMFORTABLE.

NextHouse5

It's like sleeping on a cloud. WITH BLANKETS.

NextHouse6

At first the homeowner seemed oblivious to her new roommates, going about her own business while they slept, but eventually she noticed something was up.

NextHouse7

"You're sleeping in my guest bed and I didn't even invite you to stay over..."

NextHouse8

"I don't think I'm happy about that. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I'm not happy about it."

NextHouse9

"Oh well. Nothing to be done about it now! I'll just go read a book or something."

NextHouse10

So she did. She went back downstairs and read a weird glowing book.

NextHouse11

But then! An hour later she put the book away and seemed to realize that this was her house and that she, accordingly, ought to have some say over who is in it. She headed for the stairs. Could she be about to put our heroes back out on the street?

NextHouse12

No, she...what is she doing?

NextHouse13

Oh, okay. She's decided she doesn't need her bed tonight after all.

NextHouse14

Take heed, random townies: This is what a happy compromise looks like. They come in and sleep in your bed, you put up with it. Is that so hard?

NextHouse15

At three, she rolled out of bed again. And now she was really unhappy with the situation, although her beef seemed to be more with the late hour than it was with the fact that two perfect strangers had taken over her home.

NextHouse16

At least she was sort of nice about it.

"Okay, people, visiting hours are over! Leave before I call the cops! :D"

NextHouse17

"But we were sleeping! Oh man..."

NextHouse18

Lesson learned: mooch off of people during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment